Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Luck, Thanks & Joy





What a difference!! Of course, every day was a big difference! Everything has been great so far. Skyler really is a great baby, at least for now, haha. She is pretty good at eating, looking around for a few minutes, then going back to sleep. The first night, when we roomed-in at the hospital, I hardly slept at all. Every little peep she made, I was right there, making sure everything was fine. Of course it was - she is just a noisy sleeper! Not to mention, the futon wasn't the most comfortable thing I've slept on. It went really well, though, and we went home right on schedule. We do have to head back to the hospital on Friday for her eye exam. She was supposed to have it today but since she got released they rescheduled. She also has her first ped. appointment tomorrow - I don't know why but I'm nervous about that, too!!
Sandy was nearly teary-eyed saying goodbye to Skyler. She kept saying "Ahh She can't go, I will miss her!" Another nurse, who had Skyler a few times in NICU (Sandy was her primary up in the lvl2) kept saying, "Wow Skyler, I can't believe you're so big! I can't believe you're going home!" (She hadn't seen her in about 2wks). I didn't cry when we left. I was too happy & exhausted, I guess. Our NICU experience definitely was not as painful and difficult as alot of others, so it was a little more peaceful for us to leave. It was hard, and we did hate it, but we were very lucky to only have one phonecall, and that was for the transfusion. We never had to be told there was a chance she wouldn't make it through the night, we never had to watch her go through painful procedures or surgeries. I know some moms from Babycenter's Preemie board that have done that and they are very strong! We did get to keep her little sunglasses, a TINSY TINY little hat, and a larger hat she's growing into. We are settling in nicely & I'm so happy to still have some of my original maternity leave left to spend with her. Either Jeremiah doesn't have an ear for babies, or I just don't let her cry long enough for him to hear. At this point, I don't mind, because I'm not the one getting up and going to work. He already has said he wants to get up in the night with her when I go back to work, since I work in the morning & he works afternoon/evening. We will have to work on developing his ears, though, lol.
Well, my mom's flight gets in in about 2hrs! I'm SO SO excited. Jeremiah just left to head to ST. Louis and I'm sure they will have a fuuuun ride home, =D. I'm sure they will be fine, really. In preparation, I will be giving Skyler her first bath at home. I'm sure she is used to it, but it will be a learning experience for me! It is really cute to watch Jeremiah sit on the couch with her. Today he played xbox while she slept in his arms. I wanted to take a pic - next time I will.
I need to get working on my Thank You cards. Do not think that we are not thankful, if you happened to send Skyler something! I wanted to wait for the babyshower so I can make sure to buy enough cards & do'em all at once! The shower, by the way, went well! I had tons of fun & Meghan did a nice job organizing it all. Skyler got some very nice gifts and we are so thankful for it all. Although I won't list EVERYTHING, I will point out a few of my faves.

  • Precious Planets crib set - BOY I wanted this!! (Thanks to Sherri & Diana!)
  • Precious Planets baby book - I had never seen this & was very excited when I opened it. (Thanks to Heather!)
  • Diaper cake made of PREEMIE diapers!! - Can you imagine the work in making that?! (Thanks to Shawna & Meghan!)
  • SKYLER spelled out with a boarder around each letter like my baby shower invites - I will post a pic of this sometime soon, it really is VERY neat & has a lovely black frame all around it. (Thanks to Tricia & family!)  
  • I (heart) Gaming t-shirt - Toooo cute! & Lots of other cute clothes & blankie, handmade card from Skyler's auntie Emma (Thanks to Grandma Theresa, aunties Chelsea, Emma & Olivia, uncle Kody!)
She also got some neat toys, clothes, diapers, other decor for her room, etc. I would love to list everything but it's too much!! haha We are very lucky to have such great family there & we really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who came!! Well, it is getting to be about that time.. time to tidy up & anxiously await my mom to arrive. I will post pics of some of Skyler's neat decor at a later date - don't let me forget!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your precious little girl home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I love when babies get to come home. Your mom is going to be so excited! My mom was flipping out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma, Mom and Baby - what a wonderful trio you will make and so much fun to all be together. Enjoy and love to all! xxo

    ReplyDelete