Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I love the black & white feature of my camera.

Mommy & Baby
I find that within two days or so I can add almost 30 new pictures to my computer. I need a memory card for my camera because I'm nervous I'll lose the pics, so I don't delete them! Hah. It holds A LOT of pictures for not having a memory card though :). And, of course, we must show them off! Plus, the black & white feature has become my favorite..
It has been a fun week, mostly. Skyler had her first pediatric appointment last Wednesday which went really well. I LOVE her doctor. She was very friendly & covered everything. Then, Friday was her eye appointment in Columbia, to check for ROP. It was the scariest thing ever!! I have never heard Skyler scream & cry that loud before, didn't even know she could, and it made me cry having to hold her down while the doctor checked her eyes. Fortunately, her eyes were GREAT and she won't have to have them checked again until her regular eye appointment at 1 or 2 years :).

Mom & I have just been hanging out with Skyler during the day, taking pictures, watching movies. It has been nice. Meanwhile, Skyler has found her hands. She isn't sure what to do with them yet, but she is very close to being able to put her binky back in her mouth when it falls out. She gets rather mad when she spits it out and can't put it back in, and of course we have to laugh at her (which she reponds to with a scowl, haha). She has figured this out though..

"Look, I can put them in my mouth!"
She has figured out how to put her thumb in her mouth, too, but doesn't quite understand how to suck on it yet. It is rather cute, though. One of her favorite things to do, especially while eating, is this..
 
"Look mom, I've got your hair!!"
We gave Skyler a bath today (our first one, just Skyler & I, was scary and not fun at all, haha). It went quite well. She fussed a bit, then decided it wasn't so bad. Her favorite part, however, was the cuddle time in her towel afterwards. She was posing, wiggling, tugging the hood over her eyes, etc. It was adorable.
 
"Not so bad, I guess!"
She does seem to pose for the pictures a lot of the time. She will wiggle all around and make weird faces, then you pull out the camera and tell her you will take her picture. Suddenly, she is all ready to hold still and let a few pictures get snapped of her. She is also getting quite chubby!! She was 4lb 11oz on Wednesday and has definitely grown since then. A little chunky chicken! Double chin, chubby little cheeks. What a cutie pie! We absolutely love her & she is quite a joy to be around, always making faces and cute sounds.
 
She loves her seahorse, too. It is one of her favorite things right now, and to me, a great way to spend $13. It is the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse. Skyler loves to listen to it as she falls asleep. It plays lullabies and some ocean-like sounds and the belly of it lights up, like a little night-light. It automatically shuts off after 5 minutes and has two volume settings. The other day we peeked at her while she was relaxing and she had her hand on the seahorse's face, staring at it. It was too cute.
 
She has also been very thoughtful lately. Skyler will lay and/or sit around and open her eyes widely, looking at everything and everyone. She just has this look of concern and serious contemplating on her face. Maybe she knows something we don't. Or maybe, she is just thinking about all of the new things she has learned lately... Whatever it is, I hope she shares her thoughts someday :).

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I too like the black and white feature on your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those sweet cheeks! I bet you can't stop kissing her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you three girls must be having together! Your blog is such a wonderful way to stay up to date on your lives. Enjoy the time and give each other hugs from me. xxo GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. shes so beautiful! you're doing such a great job with her. i love the last paragraph of this entry :)

    ReplyDelete