Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Officially...

Married.

People keep asking how it feels, etc. But really, not much has changed for us! We have been living together for two years, together for three in August. We have been through a lot, including Jeremiah moving to Oregon, then the both of us moving to Missouri, surgery, cars breaking down, our first Christmas together, finding out we were having a baby, Skyler being born, Skyler being in a hospital so far away, Skyler coming home, dogs, cats, fish - and so much more. Really, it is more of a legal matter for us, I suppose, though it does bring a nice sense of formation of our family, if that makes any sense at all. Yes, our family was not any different when we were not married, but I do feel better having my last name match my daughter's! The things that make me happy are so weird and simple, most of the time. Ah well... Now, a few photos!
Daddy & Baby, All dressed up

Aren't I beautiful? Mommy could not find
anything preemie sized, so newborn had to work!

Still a little "noodle neck", lol
Top layer was brownie for Jeremiah, bottom layer
yellow cake for me. Jeremiah likes skulls &
penguins are my favorite animal - too perfect.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you three make. I love the tale of you love - thanks for sharing! Hugs to all three! GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should learn to proof read - I meant to say Your love. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay julia!!! congratulations to you all! LOVE the cake and your little flower girl ;) i totaly feel ya on the marriage feelings. it was never a big deal to us whether we were married or not. honestly the only reason we decided to do it was because we decided to start trying to have a baby! i wanted to have the same last name as my future baby so we had a tiny wedding in a local park with only family and it was great. we had been together 6 years before we got married. your due dates coming up! isnt it crazy that skylar has been through so much and seen her parents get married and technically she should still be on the inside?! im happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete