Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Due dates, shots and binkies.

So the other day was Skyler's due date (March 27) and on the following day, she turned 8 weeks old. Honestly, it didn't bug me! I looked at it in a positive light - now we can really start watching those milestone charts and expecting great things to come! Skyler is outgrowing her preemie clothes and is now 6lb 5.5oz! Although newborn clothes are still a bit loose, not for much longer!!

 She had her 2nd and probably last Syngais shot today, I felt terrible for her. She was already tired and hungry by the time the nurse got here, and the shot just made it worse. Her bandaid fell off and she got some blood on her blankie before I realized but now she is over it. I am glad to know she is better protected from that nasty RSV and the nurse said she more than likely will not have to get the shots next season (September).
Yesterday I was so excited for Skyler. She grabbed her binky out of her mouth, held onto and flailed her arms around while I changed her diaper - without dropping the binky!! She grabbed onto the outer area of it, not the tab or the nipple.

 She did it again last night - her hands are getting stronger and she is able to start making them do what she wants. She also likes to grab onto my sweatshirt strings or the chest of my shirt/sweatshirt while I'm holding her. It's pretty awesome :). Also, I caught her one day with her thumb in the hole of her binky (you can actually look through the middle and see her mouth, sucking on the binky - it's weird). I'm not sure if she was trying to hold it in, or suck her finger through it. Hard to catch on photo, but look close!

Skyler also accomplished another feat. Today, she took a bath without a SINGLE whimper or whine. Normally she cries throughout but today she was peaceful as can be, as soon as I set her in. She even started to enjoy it!!
Look at those big eyes! Wide awake.

Hiiyaah! Action kick!

She also put on real clothes today - instead of jammies! (A lot of her preemie clothes were jammies. They were cute too, though!) These "real clothes" (a 2 piece set, actually there's a 3rd piece but it's a short sleeve) make her look so much bigger!

Still a bit big in the sleeves!

Well, I think that is about all for now - time for someone to have some chow, she's letting me know that it is time! She has -50 patience on the patience scale of 1-10. But we love her!

3 comments:

  1. Liam sticks his thumb in his paci too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till they get it stuck and try to "shake" it off. Have the video camera ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog. It is so nice to be able to keep so many of us informed. What a perfect little gal you have there. Blessings and love to both of you -

    ReplyDelete