Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching Up - Aka Backtracking.

I'm going to begin by backtracking - maybe taking a few posts from my BBC Journal and posting them here, and then start catching up from there (or maybe not..). I can't promise to update every day, but I probably will get pretty close to it, at least until Skyler comes home! I will use this blog not only to track her progress & healing as she makes her way out of NICU and into her home, but also our progress & healing as we make the emotional journey of transforming our lives. We, too, were pushed suddenly -- from "soon to be parents" to the emotional rollar coaster of preemie parents. We have been very lucky so far to have a little fighter. Her roadblocks have been so minor in comparison to some I have read about, and we wish those families health & many happy days to come. Even though Skyler's journey in the NICU so far (currently at 16 days) has been uneventful and fairly calm, it is never easy to say goodbye over and over again to our little girl. Here's to hoping easier days are on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment