Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Teeth, Trips and Dada.


Has it REALLY been this long since I have posted? Time has been flying. Work has been crazy, stressful, and - I won't even get into it.

Life, on the other hand, has been great. Jeremiah & I are excited to share our first REAL Christmas together with Skyler. Our little 4ft purple tree (it's so cute!) has hardly had to suffer any wrath from Skyler. She pretty much ignores it, and the presents!

Oh, didn't I mention? She is ALL OVER THE PLACE NOW! She crawls extremely well, pulls to stand on EVERYTHING (especially if it seems unstable!!) and has begun to try and walk from furniture to furniture. She has 6.5 teeth (the 7th is coming through the gums), and carries on all the time. Mostly she says "yeah" and "da". Half the day you hear her talking to herself, "dadadadayeahyeahda". It's adorable. She is eating amazing, which she always has. She loves pancakes (even though she doesn't get syrup) and string cheese. Veggies and fruits are still chart toppers, and she learns new textures and flavors all the time. It's hard to eat anything ourselves now because she thinks she needs to have a bite, no matter what it is. At her last appointment in October I believe she was 15-16ish lbs. She's still a short little thing, which makes her look adorable and not old enough to be trying to walk! I can't believe she is almost eleven months old. I can't believe a year ago I was having my baby shower planned and painting her room.

I also can't believe how neglectful I have been of both BBC and my blog, but honestly, it's not her, it's work! Like I said, I won't go there, but needless to say it is exhausting.

Skyler's sleep habits are still great - I wonder sometimes if she gets TOO much sleep. She usually goes down about 6:30 pm, wakes up once or twice at night still - but that doesn't bug me, it's easier to do that than it is to have her cranky and overtired at 7 or 8 pm, especially since when I work the evening shift she can't get to sleep til 9:30 pm- and then gets up for the day at 7am. Of course not ALL nights are this way, but for the most part. I would like her to stop waking up sometime soon, but in my opinion if she's exhausted at 6:30pm from crawling and playing all day, let her sleep. I'm usually just getting to bed myself when she wakes up around midnight because Jeremiah has not been getting off til 10 or 10:30 lately. so it kind of works out.

I feel like I should have TONS of things to say but really, you can't document it all! It's just everyday wonderful stuff. Oh, I suppose I DID forget to mention our vacation! In October we went to Alaska to visit my family and Skyler got to meet them all!! She saw my mom for the first time since March, met my dad for the first time ever, her uncle Ronnie, her greatgrandma, even her GreatGreat Grandma and so many more! We had a blast and she did amazing. The plane trip wasn't even that bad (probably another post another day) and we are so thankful we got to go. We went swimming, visited, had a small road trip, and got to see some snow. Like I said before, another whole post will do the vacation more justice than this little piece.

I suppose I will end here with some photos, since it is getting late and I have to turn around be back to work in the AM after closing up tonight. Some pizza and t.v. with Jeremiah sounds nice. I suppose I will post a few from where I've left off, and as I continue to post more often I will catch up on the photos. So these ones I will post tonight (aside from the topmost one) will be from August.

Hope you all are doing well, know that I haven't forgotten about my BBC friends & fellow bloggers!!





No comments:

Post a Comment