Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shhhh...

Ahh.. tonight as been a good night!! Skyler has been sleeping since I got home from work. Almost 4 hours - with a little snack in between. With teething, growth spurts, busy days and learning to fight sleep, some nights are rather difficult. But tonight is calm and peaceful, which is great considering Jeremiah won't be home from work until midnight. I love the little bugger but she sure can scream! Although, I do think the teething tablets have helped. These teeth have to come through eventually, right?

I haven't been able to catch up on other people's blogs yet, though I really want to! Hopefully on Tuesday. Next week we are going to Six Flags - it will be my first time going. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I'm worried about getting sun burn, even with SPF 5,000. The worst part is, I never burn & tan after.. just burn and back to pastey white!

Skyler has been smiling and talking up a storm lately. In the mornings I don't work, I ask her if she wants to wake up daddy - always a smile, sometimes cooing. She sure loves her daddy! She rolls over very well now but only when she feels like it. Sometimes she tries to drag herself across the floor, but she's not able to get up on her knees yet. She does stand very well with support, loves it in fact. She does attempt to sit up sometimes, it's quite hilarious. She will be in her carseat, grab onto her straps, lean her head forward, willing herself to move upright on her own. Too cute! She is well into 11lbs now, and will know a more accurate number on weight and an updated number on length on the 29th. Her doctor's office must be busy - her July 1st appointment got moved to the 8th, which got canceled and now is rescheduled for the 29th with a different doctors - ugh. She will now be getting her 4month shots when she is a few days shy of 6months. I'm a little nervous about this, but there isn't much I can do, I suppose. Not too much different than if she was to get her shots at her adjusted age, rather than actual. My first experience with this doctor we are seeing was not entirely pleasant, though I hope this will be better. We were squeezed in when she had a tinsy bit of a cold, so I'm sure he was just rushed. Here's to hoping he's as good as our regular doctor when it comes to making sure all is well with our special not-so-little-anymore Skyler.

Ahh.. the quiet. Must enjoy it while it's here.

1 comment:

  1. Julia, thanks for the update on life and living and tiny Skyler. I check out this site often and know how busy you are so it was a treat to find all the info today. Hope Six Flag was way too much fun. Give the baby girl hugs and take care of yourself. Lots of love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete